Team Insider/ Senior Writer
The Team Insider is responsible for creating content for the website and other organizational publications, highlighting the team’s on-field activities. They would be responsible for securing players, coaches and staff for interviews for the site, as well as executing on-camera and radio responsibilities.
- Ideate, create and publish original and insightful football-specific content focused on team news and analysis.
- Cover breaking news stories with quick, concise analysis.
- Cover all team practices, press conferences, and games, both home and away, as well as NFL events such as NFL Draft and Combine.
- Script and host weekly on-camera video segments.
- Script and host weekly podcasts.
- Write stories for Rams’ publications
- Interviews players, coaches and staff regarding on-field activities
- Publish content on therams.com
- Manage seasonal writing intern.
- Build and maintain relationships with players and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience covering professional or collegiate sports.
- Ability to integrate with football in authentic way while representing a modern consumer brand that taps into ethos of LA
- Practices/Supports brand led approach to content creation
- Analytical mindset to quality of content
- Display an outstanding ability to listen well.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
To Include with Your Application:
Please submit a work portfolio and/or link including writing samples and on-air demo reels.